Friday, 24 April 2009

El Fauno



Click Thumbnails of Images to see them in Full Size


The movie Pan's Labyrinth has a special personal resonance for me, and my childhood. I love it, and am very moved by it, as millions of people have been

I decided to create a one of a kind designer piece heavily influenced by the Faun, Pan. I incorporated his horns, and turquoise blue tones, as well as trying to mimick his wide set eyes. The overall piece again, is meant to be organic, since Pan himself seems to have returned to nature, all encrusted in vines, and earth, while he hibernates awaiting the return of the princess

The piece, El Fauno, is made from sterling silver and turquoise gemstones, the wire is weaved and sculpted by hand, hope you like it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin