Friday, 30 October 2009

Adult Survivor Of Child Sex Abuse

I like to blog about the pretty things in life, such as the sources of my artistic inspirations , for example.

However, I always feel that I am being a Fraud. It isn't about what I do say, but rather what I don't.

I am a jewellery designer. I have alluded to the subject of being in ill health , but truthfully I express the superficial facts and merely skirt around the darker issues that make me who I am,  and make me the creative person I am today

So once a week or so, I am going to dedicate a post to this dirty little subject that society subconciously pressurises me, to keep secret.

I am an adult survivor of child sexual abuse. The longterm impact of ritualistic, sustained abuse of this nature is often misrepresentated, especially in court.

I should know, the court case which I went through, as an adult, having lived a relatively clean cut life, in the eyes of society, was nothing short of being portrayed as a malicious, morally reprehensable, social deviant. Meanwhile, behind the curtain in the defendant's box, my father was portrayed as an upstanding citizen, and a victim of false memory implanting. He fought that case tooth and nail, bringing up fraudulent testimony and so called counterevidence

But guess what ?! I won, and he went to jail.

Everything unravelled after that experience, but for now, I want to end this intro post by thanking the Man Upstairs for blessing me with the creative talents that I have, and for my beloved husband

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin