Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Medusa and Mermaids

lq4

This is my latest addition to my Greek Goddess collection.

I based the pendant on the Gorgon Medusa.She is a powerful archetype, usually seen as an angry vengeful “female” who is anti-men LOL

She was actually a very beautiful classy lady who was cursed by a jealous Greek Goddess for attracting her man, and was thus transformed into the infamous creature.

If she gets eye contact with any man, they are turned into a pillar of salt.Her hair is made up of serpents and her blood is toxic….nice way to treat a lady huh

The pendant is made from Lemon quartz gemstone and coils of serpent like sterling silver

I already have Persephone, Gaia, Eos, Athena and Aphrodite as my Goddesses. I am going to be working on Nemesis and Selena next - then the collection will be complete.YAY!

The other 2 pendants as mentioned are from my ongoing obsession with creating  jewellery for mermaids LOL. I made them from natural aquamarine gemstones, fresh water pearls and sterling silver

See images  below




3 comments:

  1. Good gosh, talk about talented! Your work is so intricate and amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lori for your comment. I love your work too, as well as reading your insights into dealing with chronic illness.Your daughter is a very loved, lucky young lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By using BullionVault you can acquire physical gold and silver bars at current spot exchange rates.

    Open a free account now and get 4 g's in free silver as a welcome bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin