Saturday, 16 January 2010

YOJ Week 1 - Woodland Fairies and Nymphs

It has been a very busy week for me.
I have had a breakthrough creatively speaking, with sculpting in metal clay.

Here are the fruits of my labours...a new collection of pendants,woodland vignettes, that were inspired by woodland nymphs and fairies

This will count as my Week 1 of my Year Of Jewellery. No way will I keep churning out so many pieces each week LOL, but it's a good place to start

RHYANNON
Queen of woodland fairies, something of a spiritual Goddess.
I imagined she would wear an amulet like this








LAILA
A guardian of newborns. Her amulet as imagined, below






NAIDA
A water nymph.Blue dew drops and mixed fauna






SHEA
Celtic Fairy Palace. I imagined this being part of the palace walls







I hope you like them. Feedback would be much appreciated :)

4 comments:

  1. Samantha, your work is amazing and your story inspiring. Are you considering participating in the Year of Jewelry of the Creative Wire Jewelry forum? I wish you would.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like them?... I love them! You have been busy - how long does it take to create these beauties?

    I am really enjoying reading your blog and went back to read some of your older posts from before I started following. I have to say that I now not only admire your work and creativity but also your strength and honesty.

    BTW... I have awarded you a 'Sunshine Award' - please follow this link:
    http://ksjewellerydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunshine-award.html

    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Nancy and Kristin, for your compliments and for taking time to check out the rest of my blog!

    I wasn't aware of Creative Wire Jewelry YOJ.I always saw blogs mention it, I always thought of it as a personal project LOL. I will look into it, thankyou

    Kristin you are so sweet, thankyou for the sunshine award.I know my posts can be pretty dark, but I do try to look for the silver lining

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin