Tuesday, 2 March 2010

YOJ Week 8:Pearl Cluster Barnacle Necklace



This is the new piece, or should I say, the start of a new range
As you may recall marine invertebrates and sealife are the current muses du jour. I have been designing jewellery based on this theme

This pendant is sculpted in fine silver, with sea urchin inspired textures.
On it's surface is a cluster of pearls and sterling silver sculpted to mimic barnacles clinging on.The pearls, are freshwater peacock pearls.
There are subtle coppers, turquoise, purple and gold tones within the patina.
(This shouldn't wear off, because of the Renaissance wax used to preserve the patination)

It's very organic, and it will hopefully become something of another signature style for me, because I feel it does combine the different media, and sculpted free flowing styles that I like best






Hope you like it! I am doing more in this style, this week

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's gorgeous!! Do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What another spectacular piece from you! When I saw it, I was thinking it looked rather "alien-like", then I saw your title and it is so right on. Barnacles!
    Very cool! I look forward to seeing where this series goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece! It very much evokes the image of an ocean floor.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin