Friday, 21 January 2011

Venice Mardi Gras Mask Part 2





I finally finished my Venice Mask, and am really happy with the results.
I changed my mind over almost every aspect of it, but in the end, I went with making a crown, and a faded grungy wallpaper background, with matching rich colours.

She has a rather imperious look about her, don't you think?
It reminded me a little of "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall..." from Snow White, I think it must be her angular, pointy crown.



The whole thing is set on a square piece of MDF wood, which I textured in black polymer clay and gold paint. Its 20cms x 20cms (about 8 inches square) in total

CLICK THUMBNAIL FOR FULL VIEW

3 comments:

  1. It's very beautiful, and also kid of joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I loved making it too which surprised me, because I thought I was exclusively a jewellery girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so AWWWWSOME.......... I love it!!! I have added it to one of my favorite art works of all times on pinterest....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin