Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Venice Mask - Forest Queen



I made another Venetian Mardi Gras mask, they take a few days to complete but are addictive to create.





This one is inspired by forest foliage, all yellows and greens.
The background "faded wallpaper" was made by painting layers upon layers, in acrylic paints. I love the effect.It is framed in embossed gold, with polymer clay moulded art deco pieces.





The mask of her highness itself is a riot of yellow/green gradients. I couldn't settle on a particular colour, so I kept overlaying more shades on.

Both masks I've made so far, are sitting on my studio wall, in full view when I'm working. They are very inspiring, and will hopefully act as my muses :)





Hope you liked all the pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, well I do have a liking for venetian masks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I realised that when I looked through your work. Venetian masks are glamorous aren't they

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous!!!!!!!!!
    I love them, and need to make 2 or 3 large ones.
    Did you make them out of clay? I have been looking for a mold.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin