Monday, 7 March 2011

My First Enamelling Class



I had my first ever enamelling class this weekend with Joy Funnell. It was a fun packed day in her studio, with lots of tea, kitkat and laughter. Her cats are gorgeous too

Anyway, here are some pics of the work done. The first pendant, is a reddy pink enamelled flower with vines and enamelled leaves. This is using Joy's enamelled accents on metal clay method, which was a lot of fun to do

The other 2 pieces shown, were metal clay pieces I'd made before hand. I tried to blend 2 colours together in a gradient in each of the cells. It was strange in a way, because you are literally pushing around little grains of glass around to create the illusion of blending before they fuse in the kiln

By the end of the day, we had some time to tackle Keum Boo (fusing gold foil to silver) which I'd never tried before either. I'll definitely be incorporating this in my work

All in all it was a great day, I'd highly recommend taking a class with Joy :)

Now I just have to wait (impatiently) for my enamels to arrive!!










1 comment:

  1. How fun! I've been wanting to get into enameling, but to learn from Joy Funnell?? Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin